Laitek is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Laitek may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from July 1, 2009.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at 18101 Martin Avenue, Homewood, IL 60430.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at the address stated above.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Notice. Laitek will not transfer personal information outside the client’s network without notice and acceptance. Data communicated externally is not retained longer than necessary and is protected by Laitek’s security procedures.
- Choice. Laitek will not use personal information for any purpose, outside the scope of contract.
- Onward Transfer. Laitek will not share any data with any third parties unless expressly contracted to do so.
- Access. Laitek provides clients access to personal information in the scope of contracted services so that the client can detect and correct data inaccuracy.
- Security. Laitek has appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to ensure personal information remains private. Laitek avoids storing personal data on any system outside the protection of the client’s protect information network. Laitek uses DOD 5220.22-M Media Sanitation standards to cleanse all personal data stored on Laitek servers before removing them from the client site.
- Data Integrity. Laitek has rigorous verification and validation procedures to protect the fidelity of information.
- Enforcement. Laitek periodically audits and reviews its security and privacy procedures. Clients may audit these procedures to ensure that Laitek adheres to these privacy Principles.
Contact Laitek Inc. to learn more about Laitek’s commitment to privacy:
18101 Martin Ave., Homewood, IL 60430
Revised: April 5, 2013